Mortal Kombat 11’s first major expansion, Aftermath, was scrapped yesterday, and it is continuing where the main game’s campaign stopped. Along with a slew of new story content, MK11 introduces three new fighters for players to learn and master. It’s the fearsome Sheeva, the action icon of the ’80s RoboCop, the brother of Raiden, the Wind God himself, Fujin. The second character has a prominent role in the new Aftermath story, so you will quickly become familiar with this character. Similar to the other fighters in Mortal Kombat 11, he has two Fatalities that you can use to slash your opponent, so don’t worry about needing to grab or grind them.
Fujin Combos Tutorial
- Gusting Cyclone – Square, Square, D-pad U + O.
- Howling Wings – D-pad R + Square, Square, Triangle, Square, Triangle.
- Calm before Storms – Triangle, X, Triangle + O.
- Aerokinesis – Square, Triangle, O, X, O.
- Whirlwind – D-pad R + Triangle, Square + X.
- Tailwind – D-pad L + Triangle, Square + X.
- Blown Away – O, Triangle, X.
- Krossbow Blast – D-pad L, D-pad R, Square.
- Up Krossbow Blast – D-pad L, D-pad R, Square, D-pad U.
- Tornado – D-pad D, D-pad R, Triangle.
- Tornado Twist – Triangle – X – Square – Triangle
- Jet Stream – D-pad D, D-pad D, X.
- Warped Needle – D-pad D, D-pad R, O.
- Sky Wakka – D-pad D, D-pad U.
- Krushing Zephyr – D-pad R + O, X.
- Warped Needle – D-pad D, D-pad L, O.
Fujin will battle Kabal in Aftermatch DLC, this is his first battle. This is your first time learning some of these greatest moves, but you’ll also notice that he’s not as fast as Kabal. It is paramount that you are ready to fight an upcoming combo if you don’t want to lose health quickly. He can summon swords and guns in battle. He is also able to wield some elemental powers, using them frequently between battles.
How to Perform Fatalities
Before we learn about the Wind God’s finishing moves, we need to take a look at the shorthand we will use. Since Mortal Kombat 11 is available on Xbox, PS4, PC, and Switch, every button input is a little different. As a result, we’ll be using a trick the fighting game community has developed to reduce confusion no matter which system you play on. Here’s a quick breakdown of the contents of each button reminder in MK11:
- 1 – X
- 2 – Y
- 3 – A
- 4 – B
- 1 – Square
- 2 – Triangle
- 3 – X
- 4 – Circle
- 1 – Y
- 2 – X
- 3 – B
- 4 – A
Twisted Twister Fatality is a close-range attack where it can be activated when you get close to the target. Fujin will first cut the opponent’s body to reveal the intestines, step on, and lift the opponent into the air. He would then follow suit by tying the opponent with their intestines wrapped around their bodies. In the end, he hit his target that was splashing on the ground.
The second fatality is Wind Blade, which can be done when you’re at a distance from an opponent. Fujin begins by performing quick slashes with his blade in the air to send cutting waves towards the target. The slices cut off their limbs and other parts, before using the wind to toss them into the air, and tossing his sword in the face to stab them to death. The scene was quite brutal in all honesty.