Genshin Impact Hu Tao is the 77th Director of Wangsheng Funeral Home, she loves to cause trouble and is said to have a very punchy face. Hu Tao’s elemental skill allows her to enter Paramita Papillo state. In this state, all of her attacks become Pyro’s attacks and they take damage based on her maximum health.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao DPS Build
As mentioned earlier, Guide to Afterlife is key to dealing damage with Hu Tao as each of her attacks is transformed into a Pyro attack. To get the most out of her elemental skill, look for Genshin Impact artifacts that feature health, Pyro damage, and crit rate.
The Crimson Witch of Flames four-piece set is perfect for Hu Tao, increasing her Overload and Ignite damage by 40%, as well as all, Vaporize and Melt damage by 15%. Additionally, you get the additional perk of using Hu Tao’s elemental cluster, increasing the two-piece set bonus from 15% to 50% of its original value for 10 seconds.
Similar to Xiao, Hu Tao is a difficult character to play due to her passive talent, namely Sanguine Rouge. Sanguine Rouge encourages players to keep Hu Tao at 50% health or less for 33% more damage, but this can be extremely risky against powerful enemies. This puts the healers in a difficult position as they must learn to treat Hu Tao differently from the rest of the game’s characters.
A great four-star partner for Genshin Impact Hu Tao is Xingqiu, a Hydro Sword user who opens up a lot of elemental reaction opportunities for Hu Tao. Add Zhongli to the mix to boost your defenses thanks to his powerful Jade Shield.
The staff of Homa, a new five-star Polearm with a high attack bonus and crit rate is the best weapon for Hu Tao. This weapon has the same effect as Sanguine Rouge; it increases Hu Tao’s attack by 1% of her maximum health. If you don’t have any five-star Genshin Impact weapons, Deathmatch still works well as its effects grant attack and defense bonuses depending on the number of enemies on the battlefield.
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Abilities
- Normal Attack: Hu Tao performs up to 6 consecutive attacks
- Charged Attack: Hu Tao consumes a certain amount of health to rush forward, dealing damage to enemies along the way
- Plunging Attack: Dashes from mid-air to the ground below, damaging enemies along the way and dealing AoE damage on impact
Hu Tao consumes part of her health to knock surrounding enemies back and enter Paramita Papilio.
- Increases Hu Tao’s attack power based on her maximum health at the time of transitioning to this state. The attack bonus obtained in this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao’s base attack
- Converts Hu Tao’s attack damage to pyro damage. It cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion of Hu Tao
- Charged attacks apply Blood Blossom to enemies hit.
- Increases Hu Tao’s Interruption Resistance
- Enemies affected by Blood Blossom take Pyro damage every 4 seconds. This damage is considered her elemental skill damage
- Each enemy can only be affected by one Blood Blossom effect at a time and its duration can only be refreshed by Genshin Impact Hu Tao herself.
- Paramita Papilio ends when its duration ends, or Hu Tao has left the battlefield or fallen
Commands a glowing spirit to attack, damaging Pyro in a large AoE range. When attacking an enemy, Hu Tao is healed for a percentage of her maximum health. This effect can be activated up to five times, based on the number of enemies hit. If Hu Tao’s health is less than or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both damage and healing are increased.
- Crimson Bouquet: While in Paramita Papilio’s state activated by Guide to Afterlife, Hu Tao’s charge attacks do not consume HP
- Ominous Rainfall: Increases Blossom Blood’s damage equal to 10% of Hu Tao’s maximum health at the time the effect is applied. In addition, the Spirit Soother will also apply the Blood Blossom effect
- Lingering Carmine: Increases three levels of the Guide to the afterlife. The maximum upgrade is 15
- Garden of Eternal Rest: After defeating an enemy affected by Blood Blossom that Genshin Impact Hu Tao applies herself, all nearby allies in the party (except Hu Tao) gain a 12% crit rate for 15 seconds
- Floral Incense: Increases Spirit Soother’s Level by three. The maximum upgrade is 15
- Butterfly’s Embrace: Activate when Hu Tao’s health drops below 25% or when she takes a critical hit. Hu Tao will not fall due to damage caused. Additionally, for the next 10 seconds, all of her elemental and physical resistances are increased by 200%, her critical rate is increased by 100%, and her resistance to interruptions is increased significantly. This effect automatically activates when Hu Tao has 1 HP left, which can only happen once every 60 seconds
Genshin Impact Hu Tao Passive Talents
- The More The Merrier: When Hu Tao cooks a dish perfectly, she has an 18% chance of getting another “suspicious” dish of the same type
- Flutter By: When Paramita Papilio activated by Guide to Afterlife ends, all allies in the party (except Hu Tao) gain a 12% crit rate for 15 seconds
- Sanguine Rouge: When Hu Tao’s health is at or below 50%, her Pyro damage is increased by 33%