Call of Duty: Vanguard is coming soon so many players are curious what game modes they can play around with as well as what maps they have to ensure some tactical advantage over the non-player’s practice at home.
Game Modes – Call of Duty: Vanguard
For different game modes we’ll have:
- Free-For-All – no team, no rules, honor the fittest, prepare for carnage.
- Search & Destroy – teams take turns attacking and defending two bombsites on the map. Killing all enemies or detonating a bomb is how you win the game depending on who is attacking or defending.
- Hardpoint – this mode is said to be the fastest game mode you can do in Call of Duty. Teams keep the “hard point” position on the map to calculate the points, but the “hard point” changes position a lot, so the teams need to be quick.
- Patrol – this is a new mode in Vanguard where teams fight for control of a small area that is constantly moving around the map.
- Team Deathmatch – teams just destroy other teams. The first team to reach the required number of kills wins. Short and simple.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Champions Hill – this is a circular elimination mode. The teams that start the match with a set amount of lives and the last team to stand across the different alternate maps wins. Teams can purchase upgrades and change your kits between certain rounds. It’s called a multi-arena survival tournament. This mode can be done in Solo, Duo, or Trio mode.
- Domination – There are three flags scattered around the game map. The goal is to control as many of them as possible to increase the score.
- Kill Confirmed – kill your enemies and go through their corpses to get their dog tag. The more cards you have, the more points’ll you get.
There will be 16 multiplayer maps for players to enjoy with friends.
- Desert Siege – one of the largest maps in the game is located in North Africa. It is filled with natural coatings such as rocks or dunes and small buildings where matches can take place.
- Sub Pens – a small map where the player moves in an empty submarine. Having a high ground advantage will be key to this map but players need to be careful of anything that comes from hunting from below.
- Demyansk – a small map covered in snow and ideal for flanking.
- Red Star – a large snow-covered map set in Stalingrad. There’s a lot of covers to get around the buildings and securing a high vantage point will be one of the keys to victory depending on one’s preferred playstyle.
- Das Haus – a small map where the player has no choice but to shoot everything in sight in the house.
- Eagle’s Nest – a minimap with small routes leading to a building where chaos is bound to happen.
- Decoy – a medium-sized map that’s meant for training purposes, meaning things that can be used to hide are cheap and easy for enemies to shoot through to get to your key points.
Maps – Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Oasis – a medium size map that features ruins around a lake near Egypt, so expect gunfights to happen on and off the ruins as well as the lake.
- Dome – a minimap that is a remake of the iconic Treyarch World at War map, this time the Reichstag building was hit by an explosion.
- Gavutu – a medium-sized map that has a sunken ship in the center that the player can control to gain an advantage on the ground but leaving it can make them a prime target for players / other teams.
- Hotel Royal – a medium-sized map with three lanes. Short and medium-range weapons shine brightly on this map, especially the STEN and M1928. Don’t underestimate the very good vantage points for sniping, though.
- Tuscan – a medium-sized map featuring roofs from many Roman buildings. Coverage will be important here as there are many possible lines of sight that players need to cross as they explore this map.
- Numa Numa – a small map with a large machine gun located in the center of the map just waiting for the player to use.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – Bocage – a medium-sized map featuring farmlands complete with abandoned fields, stables, and tanks that players must utilize in their battles.
- Castle – a large map set in a Japanese town, which is actually a reimagining of the famous World at War map. There are many options for players to fight whether indoors or outdoors.