The upcoming sequel to the hit classic Darkest Dungeon, 2015’s roguelike indie turn-based RPG, will soon take us deep into the darkness that will test our sanity. After more than five years, we can finally see Darkest Dungeon 2, so let’s see what we know so far about it.
Darkest Dungeon Ending
At the end of the Darkest Dungeon, our heir realizes that we can’t end the nightmare as the Old God, we will be forever locked in a loop as we continue to feed the Heart of Darkness for the sake of the Darkest Dungeon is the definition of existence, a being. exist outside of what we know to be true.
The sequel will continue where we left off trying to find a glimmer of hope against the endless dark fate that awaits us.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Release Date
The full release window, not to mention a release date, is yet to be revealed but fear not because the developer, Red Hook Studios, is giving us all a chance to try out the game through Early Access. We’ll keep you updated if there’s a release window or release date.
Early access for Darkest Dungeon 2 will happen next week on October 26 with support from the Epic Games Store. There is no word yet on how much the early access version of the game will cost.
Darkest Dungeon 2 will be playable on PC via the Epic Games Store as Early Access. But the game will also eventually come to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X platforms | S and Nintendo Switch.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Story
As said earlier, the story will continue from where we left off in the first game. Here’s how the scene plays out, “the corruption that was defeated at the Mansion was discovered to be just a symptom of a much larger crime that was and is on the verge of ending the world. As madness destroys everyone, apocalyptic cults and monsters sow chaos and decadence, players and their team of heroes must journey to a remote, foretold mountain. in advance to prevent the apocalypse. “
First, let’s learn about the Heroes/Adventurers that will be at the core of our journey into the depths of the dungeon. Each of every character will have different skills and roles in combat. There are nine Heroes/Adventurers that will be available from the start and more are being planned for future updates.
Here are all the Heroes/Adventurers:
- Grave Robber
- Plague Doctor
- Runaway (the new hero)
Caretaker is the only known character so far that we know of who will return from the previous game. He will now be called The Hoarder and will be one of the many shopkeepers the game offers.
Darkest Dungeon 2 Gameplay
According to the July 2021 issue of PC Gamer, Darkest Dungeon 2 is described as “a rogue-like mix of Darkest Dungeon and The Oregon Trail.”
Here are some of the details of what we know:
- There will only be one group of heroes to manage that you can change per session.
- The Stress system is still there but there are no details on how it differs from the first game.
- Gears can no longer be upgraded and a “mastery system” will be introduced, which will be the main form of progress through upgrading your hero’s skills.
- Sundries will now only be used on a trial basis rather than kept for the duration of the entire campaign.
- Accuracy is now gone.
- Heroes will now have 11 skills to choose from compared to 7 from the first game. Some skills need to be unlocked through special encounters in multiple runs.
- Only one of each Hero can join the party at a time.
- There will be a relationship system in which the Hero’s relationship will affect player choices and combat motivation.
- Players can upgrade wagons that can do things like seeking out future battles, restore stress, and more.
- The story will have a total of 5 “Acts”.