Raiden makes the world spin in Mortal Kombat 11. Well, at least he helps keep one world spinning for another day. As the defender of Earthrealm, he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. So it’s a pity that the tension of the command got him a little wicked over time. However, this character remains an absolute symbol of the Mortal Kombat series. It wouldn’t be like that without him! And he won that spot with a really cool set of moves that required some skill to master.
Raiden Combos Tutorial
- Air Electric Fly – D-pad R + D-pad L + X
- Electric Fly – D-pad R + D-pad L + X
- Storm Cell – D-pad D + D-pad L + Triangle
- God’s Might – Square – Triangle
- Power Discharge – D-pad L + Square, Triangle, Square, X
- Sudden Energy – D-pad R + Square, Square, Triangle
- Might of Mordulus – D-pad L + X, Square, Triangle, O
- Massive Destruction – D-pad R + X, Triangle
- Downpour – Square – Triangle – Square
- Distant Thunder – D-pad L + Square, O
- Divine Power – D-pad R + Square, Square
- Overload – Triangle – Square
- Flash Storm – Triangle, O
- Immortal Strikes – Triangle – O – X
- Deadly Storm – X – Triangle – Square
- Elder Fury – D-pad L + Square, Triangle
- Wrath of God – X, Triangle
- The Calm – D-pad L + X, Square.
Raiden is a god so by default he is strong enough to defeat anyone, you have to use more of his power instead of just punches and kicks. His attacks are more powerful than regular punches.
Raiden Strengths & Weaknesses
Every character in Mortal Kombat 11 has multiple loadouts. With a combination of loot, augments, skins, and more, you can tailor the look of your fighter just the way you want it. And there are some truly annoying combinations – though the game does limit how many abilities you can bring into battle. Some characters are also more flexible than others, but all fighters in general have their own basic strengths and weaknesses.
Raiden deserves to be the God of Thunder with great speed and range. That makes him an excellent character for punishing slow and/or sloppy opponents, as you can sneak into sure combos whenever they’re messy. You can take advantage of his basic strengths even more with a variety of moves. Raiden has solid options whether you are near or far and can switch between the two in an instant.
Ironically, he is also susceptible to punishment. His signature Superman debut is back in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s also great for closing the long gap! But it’s easy to block and counterattack. You have to be serious about what you are doing to use it effectively. Meanwhile, since his various attacks work from different ranges, you really have to keep in mind which moves to use. Distance and position are huge factors for playing him effectively.
While he may seem like a ranged character, he does have some quick, close-range combos to take advantage of… You can even call them lightning fast.
His realistic streak skills are powerful but need proper spatial awareness to execute. If not, you will attack and be ready to counterattack.
Out of all the characters that require proper placement and mastery of special skills to really grasp, Raiden is perhaps the easiest to learn due to his quick combo recovery. If this is the type of fighter you’re interested in, he is your gateway to Mortal Kombat 11!
His Fatal Blow is somewhat upward. If you choose the right timing, you can use it as an anti-aerial. However, it is quite difficult to do.