According to the defense executives in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Castle couldn’t be simpler conceptually. However, there is a huge difference between being simple to understand the concept and simple to use. This guide will show you what you should and shouldn’t do with him, as well as take a look at his weapons and gadgets.
Castle operator guide
He is often an underrated operator in Siege, but when used properly, he can be extremely helpful.
- Armor: 2
- Speed: 2
His guns are the M1014 semi-automatic shotgun and the UMP45 submachine gun. Both are viable options for Castle players, though the shotgun is definitely catered for to more aggressive fighters. The auxiliary weapons are 5.7 USG and M45 Meusoc, of which 5.7 USG has a much larger ammunition compartment.
- UMP-45: UMP is an SMG with a decent rate of fire and moderates to high damage. UMP is best for short precision bursts (directed upwards) for taking down enemies.
- M1014: M1014 is a standard shotgun that can be used to effectively hold corners or tight spaces.
- 57USG: 57USG is a standard Castle pistol, with an above-average rate of fire and average damage.
- M45-MEUSOC: The M45-MEUSOC is a pistol that weighs more than 57USG and can carry more power if fire rate and accuracy are sacrificed.
One of his conveniences is situational, so it’s best to switch between bulletproof cameras and collision grenades depending on the strategy you want to use. The camera is better bulletproof for those who want to stay the same, while the impact grenade helps those who want to support the group more directly.
- Impact Grenade: Impact grenades are great for dealing some really fast damage over an area and opening up gaps between positions or just for lines of sight.
- Deployable Shield: A deployable shield is a great tool for him, especially due to your ability to “shield the trick” of a fortified his door.
Skill of Castle
Simply put, the UTP1 – Universal Tactical Panel is a much more solid stumbling block. You have three of them to use, and they offer a greater amount of protection than a standard wooden fence. They are susceptible to attack by more advanced explosive devices, such as Thermite’s special breach charge, as well as Hibana’s mini explosives.
Shielding a donkey door can be a viable strategy. Deception shielding is when you place a barrier that is just enough far from the outside of the door frame that you can still reinforce the door by reinforcing the Castle. This means that when attackers try to infiltrate it will be a lot harder (assuming they don’t have Ash) for them to bang on the door and get inside in general.
Remember that if your teammate breaks one of your barricades, you’ll be able to replace it.
Don’t reinforce any doors until your team gets where they need to be, otherwise, they’ll break them down and you will waste your time.
Should I pick Castle?
Castle is a great option for those who want to reinforce an objective point of view. One daring thing you can do is use impact grenades to blow a small hole on the side of a destroyed wall, then use your panel to reinforce the doors. The enemy probably won’t see it coming, nor will there be no rain of bullets or grenades coming. Just don’t lock up your friendly operators during the prep phase with the reinforced barrier.