Set 4 did a lot of things right with the TFT Champions in general. For the most part, the higher the unit cost, the higher the tier. This is advisable to play their strongest board in order to search for powerful units at the end of the game to round up their board. Of course, there are some lost cost-carrying units like Zed or Aphelios that also cut down S-rank.
TFT Tier List for Patch 10.20
Early Game Tier List
- Optimal (S-tier): Aphelios, Garen, Janna, Jarvan IV, Elise, Nidalee, Maokai, Tahm Kench, Wukong, Yasuo, Zed
- Great (A-tier): Annie, Pyke, Thresh, Twisted Fate, Sylas, Vayne, Vi
- Good (B-tier): Diana, Fiora, Hecarim, Jax, Lissandra, Lulu, Nami, Teemo
Mid Game Tier List
- Optimal (S-tier): Akali, Elise, Irelia, Janna, Katarina, Kennen, Zed
- Great (A-tier): Annie, Aphelios, Garen, Jarvan IV, Jinx, Kalista, Kindred, Lux, Maokai, Nidalee, Nunu, Pyke, Thresh, Teemo, Veigar, Vi, Wukong, Xin Zhao, Yasuo, Yuumi
- Good (B-tier): Diana, Evelynn, Fiora, Hecarim, Jax, Lissandra, Lulu, Nami, Sylas, Tahm Kench, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Vayne
Late Game Tier List
- Optimal (S-tier): Aatrox, Azir, Cassiopeia, Ezreal, Irelia, Jhin, Katarina, Lee Sin, Lillia, Morgana, Riven, Sejuani, Sett, Shen, Talon, Yone, Zilean
- Great (A-tier): Ahri, Akali, Ashe, Kalista, Kennen, Kindred, Lux, Nunu, Veigar, Warwick, Yuumi
- Good (B-tier): Evelynn, Jinx, Kayn, Xin Zhao
Recent TFT Champions Changes in Patch 10.20
Aphelios A to S
Aphelios started the program very quietly. This TFT Champion had been nerfed prior to release, and many thought that his carrying capacity was gone. He’s still a solid original unit to transform into Ashe, but with the new Moon Spirit mix, Aphelios is undoubtedly one of the best carries in the game.
Sejuani A to S
Sejuani at first overshadowed a unit like Aatrox also came to Vanguard. As the Quicksilver becomes one of the most popular items to build when carrying around, the Sejuani’s abilities become much better as it offers more CC.
Types B to A
Kindred is not a carrier for any champion, but she is suitable for a lot of TFT champions because her Hunter / Spirit traits are so useful. She can also hold additional magic damage items for any unit that primarily runs attack damage.
Wukong S to A
Wukong was initially appreciated because Bonkey Kong was the only single-cost slow-motion film when it was released. As time passed, the opponent simply became stronger than Wukong’s opponent and Diana also became a strong carry. He’s still a solid unit, just not S-rank.
TFT Champions Tier List Analysis
An early game lethal that converts well into Moonlight or Assassins. She may be a solid early game unit for use with Moonlight, but her usability largely depends on how Moonlight and Assassins fit into the meta.
A solid champion that acts as a transition into Cultist and Keeper comps. Putting her in the center of your team with Keeper will grant everyone a beneficial shield throughout the game.
An early game damage dealer also offers some early game CC. The TFT Champion Fiora usually acts as a relay or synergy unit for Enlightening or Duelist champions.
An early game tank definitely does a lot of damage as well. Great for any top board game that needs a bit of survivability.
Similar to Diana, an early game Moonlight unit can be used to snowball or in Moonlight comps. Can also be used to shoot Dazzler early, but will likely be replaced with higher cost units later in the game.
An early tank game that converts well into Brawlers and Elderwood. Maokai does pretty good early damage, but will need to be replaced unless used to increase synergy.
One of the first mages in the game to primarily provide CC for the computer. Can be used in late game Mage comps for CC, but is generally not worth splitting into stronger units.
A powerful backline damage TFT Champion that converts into Warlord or Sharpshooter comps. Early magic damage is good for teams that lack it.
One of the earliest battle units in the game that can be used to accumulate gold with Fortune. Tahm Kench lacks late-game power, so it’s likely to be replaced with stronger units when you accumulate enough gold.
Twisted Fate is another cost 1 mage that provides a bit of magic damage in the backline. Vayne
Another cost Sharpshooter that combines well with Nidalee.
The remaining 1 costs Vanguard along with Garen dealing solid single-target damage and also provides some CC.
Yasuo is a very strong TFT Champion at early in the game because his exile is only 1 unit.