Having encountered his final death at the hands of Superman after killing Lois Lane in the original Injustice, The Joker returns, sort of, in Injustice 2, through the delusions of some characters like Harley Quinn.
Despite being killed by Superman, he continues to haunt the lives of everyone touched by his madness. By destroying Metropolis, he arranges motion events that make Superman and Batman enemies. If he lived to see the chaos he created, he would surely smile.
As you can see below, his Special Moves mostly revolve around his gas canister, which he can throw at his enemies from all different ranges. Rolling Gas is a great attack, easy to take down your opponents, while Crazed Run can do a great deal of damage.
- Bang! – Down, Right, Light Attack
- Flying Gas – Down, Left, Light Attack
- Joy Buzzer – Down, Left, Medium Attack
- Rolling Gas – Left, Right, Medium Attack
- Chattering Teeth – Down, Left, Heavy Attack
- Mid Chattering Teeth – Down, Left, Heavy Attack, Up
- Far Chattering Teeth – Down, Left, Heavy Attack, Right
- Crazed Run – Left, Right, Heavy Attack
The Joker Supermove
Not So Funny Is It? – Flip Stance + Meter Burn
With this frantic Supermove, The Joker ties his foes down to an electric chair, hitting them with a wrench before turning the chair up to maximum. He needs to be quite close to his opponent before using this move, as it doesn’t have much attack range.
Joker exploits his ability to laugh to increase his mobility. Players can fill their Ha bar three times with each rank to further increase their movement ability.
The Joker Combo Attacks
Combination attacks for The Joker are pretty insane in Injustice 2, with the Clown Prince attacking an opponent in every move. Put It There Pal is easy to take down, just like No More Jokes, and both can deal massive amounts of damage while also stunning your opponents for a short time.
- Suicide King – Light Attack, Light Attack
- Last Laugh – Light Attack, Light Attack, Medium Attack
- Give Me A Smile – Light Attack, Light Attack, Heavy Attack
- Punch Line – Left + Light Attack, Heavy Attack
- Die Laughing – Medium Attack, Light Attack
- Put It There Pal – Medium Attack, Light Attack, Medium Attack
- Clowns Are Happy – Medium Attack, Light Attack, Heavy Attack
- Joke’s On You – Right + Medium Attack, Light Attack
- Clown Prince – Right + Medium Attack, Heavy Attack
- Full Deck – Right + Medium Attack, Heavy Attack, Medium Attack
- Mad Love – Heavy Attack, Medium Attack
- Shank Shank – Heavy Attack, Medium Attack, Heavy Attack
- No More Jokes – Heavy Attack, Heavy Attack
The Joker Background
His history is largely a mystery. The most often agreed upon origin involved a man of the family and a failed comedian who used to work at a chemical factory. The man has a pregnant wife he cannot care for or cares for, and is drawn to commit a chemical plant robbery he once worked with under the alias Red Hood. His wife and child in the belly died in an accident, but it was too late for the man to retreat from the robbery.
The robbery got worse, as Batman attacked, thrusting the imminent Joker into a chemical barrel, transforming his form into an evil clown. This drives him insane, as he becomes the biggest enemy to Batman and the entire Gotham. The Joker speaks with a transatlantic accent (in most incarnations) and claims to be of Irish descent.